Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Spring has arrived, almost Mexico time!

The weather has officially turned, and I feel like it happened really suddenly, too. Spring is undoubtedly here to stay! We got a new trampoline this past weekend and the kids are having lots of fun jumping on it - so much bigger and nicer than our old one! They also got a PlayStation 4 a few days ago (when it rains it pours, thanks tax return!) so lots of fun things for everyone to play with! 

There is a picture of Adam with headphones on, this was not the breakthrough that we hoped for but it was an interesting development! We had some friends over a few weekends ago, and he was incessantly repeating things (as usual). Our friend asked if he would wear headphones with rain sounds, and while we didn't think he would, we tried it. He wore them for quite a long time! We have asked him since from time to time if he wants to wear them and he usually refuses, so I'm not sure why he was willing to wear them that day, but maybe it's a sign that he is becoming more open to things that will help him! We will keep trying it to see if he starts to ask for it as a relief when he feels like he needs a break from all the pesky talking around him. 

Our trip to Mexico is coming up in a week and a half! I have been busy looking through everyone's summer wardrobes and buying lots of new summer clothes (Adam outgrew his size practically overnight, I had to get him an entire summer wardrobe in size 10!). It's been fun getting ready, even though I am pretty nervous about the trip as I always am. How will the flight go? How will go it with our family in one room for a week (it's a large room, but still one room nonetheless)? I am trying to be relaxed and just take it as it comes, it's a vacation and we will make the most of it! 

Brian is in Boston for a few days so it's just me and the kids for the rest of the week. I'm sure we will manage but it's always better when Brian is home! 10 more days until a week of (hopefully) relaxation!









No comments: