Thursday, January 9, 2020

Christmas in Alberta, Adam's birthday, settling back in at home

We made it home after a wonderful Christmas trip to Alberta! We got into Calgary late Christmas Day, the kids did great on the short flight (have I mentioned how much nicer a 1.5 hour flight is than a 12 hour drive through the snowy mountains?). We had such a good time catching up with family and friends. The kids got their fill of skating and sledding and playing with cousins, and Brian and I got to visit and eat great food and then eat some more:-/. As always, at the end of it all it was good to come home and get settled back into a routine again. Jasper did well at the dog sitter's so that was good, we got pictures and videos of him having a blast with his litter mate Drew while we were gone:-).

Adam celebrated his 10th birthday while we were in Calgary! Hard to believe he is 10 years old. He of course chose an ice cream cake which he thoroughly enjoyed eating! Happy Birthday Adam!

The kids have settled back into school very well this week, and I have to admit I have enjoyed some peace and quiet during the days again! Adam has been very happy with very little repetition since we've been home, hopefully it keeps up! I get quickly used to not having to constantly repeat to him, so when it starts up again, it's like a very rude awakening. We could all use a nice long break from that! 
























































No comments: