January is half over and we are marching towards Spring! I hate to say that we are just trying to survive this winter, but literally this year more than ever that is true. We did find out last week that the kids will be going back to some form of in person school soon (February for Nathan, March for Lynsey) so that is some kind of light at the end of the tunnel. It's going to be so different from normal school I'm not even sure if it can be considered a "light" or not, but at least it gets them out of the house and in proximity with someone other than us! We've had a lot of rainy days, but thankfully there have been some lovely sunny days sprinkled in to keep us from going completely into the depths of despair. The gym is open again and classes start again next week, so hurray for that! Even just little things like this help keep sanity alive and well, especially in these dreary winter months.
Not much is new in the last few weeks, Adam likes his new parrot toy from his Grandma that repeats what you say (how about that, huh!). I finished my first 3000 piece puzzle last night, which was a big accomplishment for me! Brian and I also attempted to make New Years cookies, but I misread the recipe and used too much flour, oops! They still actually turned out okay and the kids like them, so that's the important thing:-).
I'm not sure if I've already mentioned this, but Brian and I are currently shopping for a new van. Last weekend we went to the Chrysler dealership and the Toyota dealership, tomorrow we will head over to the Honda dealership. This is not a fun process. I look forward to driving a new vehicle, but shopping for one is not something either of us enjoy. Hopefully we figure out what we want soon and just get this over with!




No comments:
Post a Comment