January is almost over, meaning it's time to look forward to Spring! Well maybe it's a bit soon for that, but you know. The weather hasn't actually been too bad, a bit rainy last weekend but it's been cool and sunny here for the last few days which is really nice.
Brian took Lynsey and Nathan snowboarding on the 8th, and they had a really nice time! They went down to Crystal Mountain for the first time ever and Brian said it was quite a nice experience. Nathan seemed quite keen to go again soon, so they are going to Steven's Pass on the 29th. This past weekend, Lynsey and I were quite busy with our first Club volleyball tournament! It was a three day tournament, and we had to drive to Tacoma all three days, boo. It was a lot of fun, though! The first day the girls were really nervous and no one was playing their best, they lost all three games. Sunday was better, they won against the U15 Baden team (as they really should have) and won one set against a team at the end of the day that was playing really well - we were really starting to get our act together! On Monday, we won all three matches and won our bracket's final! It was so great to see how all the girls improved over the course of the weekend and really came together to win that final. Sabry let me do some coaching as well, which was so much fun! Finally I got to make the call about when to call a time out, something I was itching to do all throughout Lynsey's high school season haha! It was really rewarding, too, as I watched the girls turn their play around after the time out, it was just a really fun experience. They have another tournament on Sunday (only one day this time) and this tournament will determine who we play against for the rest of the season. Lynsey played really well this weekend, and it's been really fun to watch her improve a lot already over the last month and a half.
What else has been going on . . . I've been pretty consumed with volleyball to be honest. Otherwise not a lot new with the Kroekers! Nathan's birthday is coming up next month and he's already been asking for elaborate hotel parties, eek. We are not going to be doing that for him, Lynsey was 14 before we had a hotel party for her. He is turning 11.
I just thought of something. In a few weeks, I am going to Phoenix to hang out with my friend Pam and run a 10K in the Mesa Marathon. What was I thinking? That's a very good question. I have been working hard to get myself back in running condition. I've been working out, but not doing as much cardio as a 10K requires (especially for a non-runner like me). I'm hoping I don't collapse before I get to the finish line:-/. This is definitely my last 10K, mark my words!









No comments:
Post a Comment