Thursday, May 9, 2024

Brian off to Aus, the rest of us left behind:-(

The time has finally arrived for Brian's trip to Australia to visit Andy and Kristy! I so wish I was there with him right now, but alas someone must hold down the fort at home. I will get a chance to go over myself at some point so I will just look forward to that:-). He arrived just a few hours ago and is on the train to Gold Coast. I will live vicariously through his updates!

What has been going on since my last post. Well the Oilers took care of the Kings in 5 games, woot! The second round started yesterday with a spectacular collapse and just terrible play that led to the Oilers losing to Vancouver 5-4. Once again I am struck by how much these stupid playoff games can affect me, I apparently screamed pretty loudly when they scored that fifth goal (Nathan said I nearly burst his ear drums, oops!). Seriously when you are up 4-1 you just think you should be able to hang on. But no, not to be this time. Now we just have to wait and see which Oilers team shows up on Friday! I still have faith they can do it, they played horrendously and still only lost by one goal, so there is hope if they actually show up!

We had our Regional Finals tournament in Centralia last weekend. We drove down Saturday and played three games. Did not have much success Saturday as we were playing pretty strong teams, but on Sunday we won our first game! And it was against a team that we had lost to in the past, and it wasn't super close. It was an incredible team effort and very exciting! It also gave us a MUCH better schedule. We played a good team next, a team we had already met in pool play and lost to, and fell pretty flat. Didn't put up much of a fight. We lost and then had to ref one game and were out of there by 5. If we had lost that first game, we would have had to stay until at least 6, probably 7 depending on reffing assignments. I was happy to be on the road earlier because Lynsey had her AP Chemistry test on Monday so I wanted to get her home. 

The weather is finally getting warmer, and we are supposed to get up to 28 degrees tomorrow! Hoping to get some yardwork done this weekend, it's been such a cold Spring I haven't done a whole let yet. Lots of weeds out there. Hoping to "hire" the kids' help this time, I figure they can pull some weeds. I will even pay them since it is an extra chore. Hopefully it's not more effort to get them to help than it is to just do it myself:-/. 

That second to last pic of me in the jersey was taken in the first period after we went up 1-0. The last picture of Jasper on the stairs was me just projecting that Jasper must be feeling the grief that I felt with the crappy loss lol. He is pretty smart like that, and I know he loves the Oilers, too:-D.










No comments: