Sunday, January 5, 2025

Christmas traditions at home, holidays in Alberta!

I went from having almost no pictures to post to 55 pictures! That's Christmas time for you, always take a lot of pictures! I will start with our family Christmas, which we had on Christmas Eve. We went to church at 4 and came home and had our delicious rib roast dinner (thank goodness for our new oven which we could turn on remotely!). We did the kids' stockings and pajamas as always, it was a fun evening! Brian and I even got some gifts from the kids which was fun, and the kids exchanged gifts from each other. 

Christmas morning was fun, the kids all got something they were happy with (nothing really hit with Adam, but that's pretty much the story of our lives! He sort of liked a few things lol). We had fun figuring out how all the new things worked (Lynsey got a laptop and Nathan got a phone) and relaxed a bit as well. It was a lovely Christmas Day! 

On Boxing Day, Brian, Lynsey and I went to the gym early and then I had to drive Jasper over to Maggie Becker's place in Seattle. It was hectic as always getting ready for our flight, but we got everything ready and headed to the airport on time. The line at the WestJet counter didn't move for like 20 minutes after we arrived which was a bit stressful, but thankfully it didn't matter and we made it through security in plenty of time. Flight was smooth, got to Mark and Frances' house around 7pm. Always nice to settle in after a stressful travel day!

The next few days were spent with Mike and Annie, just hanging out, playing some games, doing some puzzles. One afternoon Brian took Lynsey and Nathan to the Calgary Climbing center while I hung out with Adam. We had a little birthday party for Adam on Monday with an ice cream cake, his favorite:-). 

Tuesday (New Year's Eve) we drove to Three Hills to hang out with my family. We had lunch with Mary and Dave and went over to Liz and Dave's for the supper gathering. It was a lot of fun catching up with everyone! Watched some hockey (Oilers won, yay!) and drove back to Calgary on some dicey roads. Thankfully we made it okay! We got back in time to ring in the New Year with Mark and Frances, here's to 2025!

We flew back home on New Years Day, everything was fairly smooth (just a one hour delay on take off). I was happy to get settled back in at home after the busy holidays! I held a practice for my volleyball team on Thursday afternoon which went pretty well, and yesterday we went to the Oilers Kraken game! It was so much fun, we won again! We really have the Kraken's number! Today we took down the Christmas tree, the holidays are truly over now (sigh). Time to get back at it! Kids go to school tomorrow, I have three practices this week in preparation for our first tournament this coming weekend. 

Looking forward to seeing what 2025 will bring us! Happy New Year!
























































 

No comments: