Thursday, May 22, 2025

School year wrapping up, last tournament this weekend!

We are officially two months into Spring, and today it finally feels like it! It's been pretty cold and rainy for the most part, again I am struck by how lucky we were to get such good weather when my sisters were here! Lynsey and I finally finished our Twilight house Lego set, such a fun project for us to do together:-). I had a lovely Mother's Day a few weekends ago, we went for brunch in the morning and the kids and Brian went out in the afternoon to do some yardwork which was literally all I wanted for Mother's Day. It was so nice to get a good chunk of the weeding done! Last Saturday, my friend Jaqui and I went to Paramount to see Glennon Doyle and Abby Wambach for their I Can Do Hard Things tour, it was so good! So glad I got tickets so impulsively when they went on sale, so worthwhile.

This weekend is my last tournament with my team before the season ends:-(. I'm sort of looking forward to having my evenings back, but I know I will miss it when it's done. I'm going to do one last practice on Tuesday where the girls get to choose what we do and then I'll have some pizza and cupcakes brought in to celebrate, give them their gifts. I think there will be another season end party that the parents are planning that will be on the weekend in June, I will likely go to that for at least part of the time, but I thought not every girl would be there for that so I should do my celebration now. They really have been a great first group to coach, I could not have asked for a better situation. There were definitely some challenges along the way but I learned a lot, I think I will be better next year. I hope they come out hard this weekend and play their absolute best - who doesn't want to go out on a high note!

The Oilers are in the Conference final against the Stars, and things were looking pretty good in Game 1 after two periods. They were dominating, up 3-1. Well, they crapped the bed and ended up losing 6-3. Oh the roller coaster of being an Oilers fan! Hopefully they collect themselves and play their game tomorrow, it really looked like we had them those first 40 minutes:-(. Trying to just let this go since I can't control how they play or anything, but we are so invested haha. Hopefully they at least make this a good series and don't just fizzle out:-l.









 

No comments: