Thursday, June 19, 2025

Rollercoaster is over, and we have a high school graduate in the house!

This is a post of mixed emotions. Sadly, after that exciting roller coaster of a game on Thursday, Florida really dug in and won the next two games rather decisively:-(. Another exciting playoff run that was so much fun to be a part of. The Oilers WILL break through! They just have to!

Brian and Lynsey played beach volleyball in a father/daughter tournament on Fathers Day and had a great time! Adam and I went to watch for a while and hung out. Glad they had a chance to have that experience together! Time is running short with our girl off to college soon, I think I'm in denial about the change that is coming:-l. Anyway, we went out for dinner as a family after to cap off a good day:-). 

Lynsey's graduation was Tuesday afternoon so we went out for brunch as a family before the ceremony. It was a beautiful day which worked out well, the ceremony went well (Adam was getting bored but held it together). Lynsey had some friends over after graduation while the rest of us watched the very sad game where the Oilers lost the Stanley Cup:-(. They just couldn't overcome the Panthers, they were such a good team this year. We got over our emotions as quickly as possible so we didn't spoil the party atmosphere:-). Great day for Lynsey and we are super proud of her!

She picked up her diploma yesterday so it's official. This summer she will be working at Farine and getting ready to go to the University of Alberta in the fall. We will have one less person in our house starting in September and it's going to be so strange! We will miss her terribly but I know she will kill it at university. Life is full of change, I guess you just gotta embrace it!










































 

No comments: