Here we are, tomorrow we leave for Tokyo! Yikes! I have been busy getting the house all ready for Mark and Frances to watch the boys while we are gone, and yeah - it's a bit overwhelming but I think I'm as ready as I will be!
What has been going on . . . so Nathan did not make the school team in basketball unfortunately. He tried out for the Select team as well but unsurprisingly he was a bit behind those guys, too. I found this program in Seattle that meets for an hour and a half on Fridays and they do some skills and 3 on 3 scrimmage. I've had some interactions with the guy that runs that program and it seems like a great option for Nathan, so we're going to check it out starting in mid-October (we just have too much going on until then). Hopefully he likes it and can keep building his skills!
Adam is all done with his Invisilign, yay! What a milestone, I can't even believe we made it through the 46 weeks. His teeth look amazing, we could not be happier with the results. He has a retainer now that he has to wear at night basically indefinitely (they said for sure 3-5 years, ideally forever) but it seems like such a minor inconvenience compared to what we've been doing. I'm happy for him, happy for us, happy all around!
Our Monday night volleyball league wrapped up this week, it was a fun season! I think I'm probably too competitive to play in a rec league, but maybe the fun is worth it lol.
That's really it! I picked Mark and Frances up from the airport Wednesday and we leave tomorrow. I'm nervous as this is my first trip to Asia, but I'm definitely excited. Hopefully I haven't forgotten something big, because at this point it will be what it will be! Will post when I get back!



No comments:
Post a Comment