We are two weeks into school and trying to get back into the swing of things! It's been a bit of a rough start with Adam, his bus has been very inconsistent and it's been a struggle to get into a good rhythm. I think we are finally getting there but it's been a bit frustrating. I finally figured out this week that dismissal times are different than last year which is good to know. Yikes! Anyway, I think we are getting to the point where a pattern of some kind is being established. Adam has been a bit more repetitive again, which we think has to do with Lynsey leaving, he is trying to process that. Hopefully he can get through it and the repetition slows down again.
Nathan has basketball tryouts this week, his second tryout day is today after school. We are pretty sure he will not make the team this year based on what he told us about Tuesday's tryout, but we are trying to figure out other ways that he can play more basketball this year to keep practicing and getting better. He has made improvements but continues to be a bit behind other kids his age, hopefully he sticks with it and catches up! He's adjusting well to 8th grade so far, as we were pretty sure he would.
Lynsey has been gone almost three weeks! She is doing well over at U of A, we still talk to her fairly often and Nathan actually talks to her most days I think (they play computer games together and chat while they're doing that). She's adjusting to her classes and balancing everything so far. This is the longest we have gone without seeing her and we are missing her for sure, but so happy for her that she's doing so well so far. Looking forward to seeing her at Canadian Thanksgiving!
Mine and Brian's trip to Tokyo is only two weeks away! Crazy! Next week will be a lot of preparing for Brian's parents coming on the Wednesday before we leave. I hope they have an easy time here with the boys, it should be pretty straight forward.
I'll check in again before we go away to update you on the basketball situation. Fingers crossed we can figure something out for him!




No comments:
Post a Comment