Saturday, August 22, 2026

Summer marches on, Lynsey leaving soon

This might be a first for me in all my years of blogging. We did not take one single picture in the last few weeks, unless you count pictures of mole traps and mole hills (we are fighting an epic battle right now lol). We truly did slow down this August and literally nothing has been happening! Lynsey has been working hard, last shift is tomorrow, Brian is working away and learning his new job, Nathan has had a few outings with friends but mostly just hanging out at home, and I have been taking it quite easy as well. I did figure out a bunch of stuff with our cruise in December, it's actually surprising how much time and research that needs. I also got Lynsey's flights home all booked for this year (except the one in December since I don't know what day her last exam is yet). I also took Lynsey and Nathan shopping yesterday, I should have taken a few pictures of that:-/.

On Tuesday, Lynsey and I will leave for Alberta to get her moved in to her apartment. Brian and I just packed up the van and it's not actually as full as I thought. There is still room for our suitcases and a few odds and ends thankfully. We will drive as far as Valemount the first day and go the rest of the way Wednesday. I'm a bit nervous about all the moving and shopping we have to do, but also excited to help her get settled in her new apartment. There will also be a lot of furniture to put together when we're there. I actually was only going to stay until Friday morning but decided to stay until Saturday so I had an extra day to help her out. I will be sure to take some pictures so my next blog post is more interesting:-S.

School starts in just over a week! Nathan is going to the high school, it feels a bit like we're in the home stretch now! No more middle school, just high school and college. Exciting times!

No comments: