Sunday, November 30, 2008

Learning new things

In the last few weeks, Lynsey has been growing up so much! She is starting to communicate with us more (without actually saying anything yet!) and it's a lot of fun! The other morning, I was getting her cereal ready and she walked over to her highchair and looked at me. I guess she was hungry:). She has also started bringing us books when she wants us to read to her - one day, she brought me every book out of her toybox all at different times. Once I was done one, she fished around for a different one. Another exciting thing for us (and most people won't think this is a big deal, but for us it is!) is that she is starting to close her mouth around cup spouts periodically! She's not sucking on them yet, but she isn't biting as much and we think she is on the road to learning how to drink out of a sippy cup which is very exciting for me especially. She has also started running in the last week or so, which is so funny to watch. She doesn't run very fast yet, but she is definitely learning how to pick up speed with proper leg bending etc. So cute! Oh and she is learning how to put shapes in holes! She has a walk-behind toy that has three shapes and holes that we have noticed her working hard at - today she mastered the triangle:). I am just loving watching her learn new things! Last Friday (the 21st) we started putting her down for only one nap. It was a bit of a tough transition, as she was used to only sleeping 40 minutes at a time (which was the reason for our decision to switch her to one nap). So, the first few days were rough - she had to cry quite a bit. However, it didn't take her very long and she is now napping much better. She still wakes up sometimes after 45 minutes, but she doesn't cry nearly as long - only a few minutes usually. If she sleeps a solid two hours, I'm happy, because she sleeps about 12 hours at night.

I didn't take very many pictures the last few weeks for some reason, but I have attached 5 of the family pictures that Debbie Sandland took for us at Confederation Park.











1 comment:

shane magee said...

your wee family is SOOOOOO lovely!!!





(especially brian!)