Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Fun with our growing girl!

So I MIGHT be biased, but I think Lynsey is the most funnest little girl around! She is learning and growing and while I know of course that all kids do this, I never knew it would be so fun and interesting to see my own baby doing it:). She loves to dance, and she's learned how to sit in her chairs (seems like a small milestone, but it took her a while to coordinate plopping down in the right spot!). She loves taking things out of her drawers (and ours) and carries armloads of stuff down the stairs with her. Today, I was sitting on the couch and I heard her coming down but was wondering why it was taking her so long. When she got to the landing, I saw that she had several items of clothing in her arms and so of course needed to take extra care coming down the stairs:). She just loves books, and we now have a new nighttime routine of reading to her just before bed. We took her bottle away about a week and a half ago (the day after my last post) and she hasn't missed it one bit. We now give her a snack with some milk in a cup, brush her teeth, read a few stories, and put her to bed - at 7:30pm! I used to say I didn't want her to go to bed so early, but as it turns out, we don't really have that much say in the matter. She has been needing to go to bed earlier and earlier, and we finally decided that 7:30 is her new bedtime (with the one nap she just can't make it any longer) and she still sleeps until after 8. This weekend, she actually slept until 9! Crazy. She doesn't sleep much during the day, but I can accept it since she has such great nights.

What else has she been doing . . . I think she is starting (just barely starting) to mimic what I'm saying sometimes. I'm almost certain that when I finish reading her a book and say "there!" that she is mimicking me and saying her version of "there" as well:). I wouldn't say it's an official first word, but I'm listening closely to when she babbles to see if it will start to mean something soon.

That's about all in Lynsey-land for this week!








No comments: