So what did we do? Not a whole lot! We actually stayed in Bellevue, a mini-city right beside Seattle. We ate at some fabulous restaurants, did some shopping, went downtown Seattle and walked around, drove around a bit . . . it was a pretty relaxing weekend. We actually went to see a movie on Sunday night! No kids, why not??:) Weirdest thing, someone was there with a baby! At an evening showing! Never encountered that before. He/she was crying during the previews and you could see a lot of people looking at the very conspicuous couple. I didn't feel sorry for them, though - you can't take a baby to a movie unless it's a special Stars and Strollers showing! Everybody knows that! Maybe this is an American thing?? Anyway, it was a nice weekend and everything went well at home, except that Nathan was sick and didn't sleep all that great (I'm guessing Grandma and Grandpa probably weren't as heartless as we are and actually went to comfort him at night, which I'm sure he loved:)).
Another thing we did while we were there was check out some preschools. We are in such a weird position of Brian not even having a job down there yet, but having to line up a good preschool for Adam since there are waiting lists! We feel pretty good about one place in particular, and she is great about our situation and would even be willing to let us reserve a spot with a small deposit if they decide that Adam is the best fit (there are a few other kids also vying for this spot). After spending a weekend there, I have decided that I could learn to make it my home the same way I learned to make Calgary my home. It would be different and there would be a big adjustment period, but it's not like I'm living in a comfortable small town right now - am I really that much more comfortable with Lynsey going to the school down the street here than I would be the school down the street in Bellevue? There are a lot of questions to ask, but for now, Brian is going to apply and see if any opportunities arise. People have asked me if I would be disappointed now if things didn't pan out and we had to stay, but I can honestly say I wouldn't be. It's not like we have a bad life here that we are trying to get away from! If nothing opens up for us down there, then I will accept that as a closed door and we will stay here and be just fine with it:). So we'll see what happens!
Blogger has changed the way you upload pictures so everything is all messed up - I'll figure it out soon I'm sure:).
No comments:
Post a Comment