Nathan continues to wander around, sticking his hand (books, my pj shirt, etc.) into the toilet from time to time. I love his curiosity, but it is a bit of a pain! He is really attached to blankies now, which just sort of happened almost overnight. Not much else to report with him, except that I THINK we might finally be switching over to one nap more officially . . . will confirm next post:).
We are still having some behavioural issues with Lynsey. She is still exploding with emotion very easily, but I continue to feel confident that our strategy of empathizing but not giving in will work in the end. I can't even tell you how many deep breaths I take in one day. It has become a bit less over the last few weeks, so perhaps there is light at the end of this tunnel! Such a great little girl she is, and so packed full of emotions! No, I have absolutely no idea where that would have come from, it's not like I'm an emotional person that reacts inappropriately at times.
Soooo that brings me to a bit of a fiasco that I was dealing with this morning! We found out last week that Lynsey is not playing soccer on the field that is a minute away from our house, but at the field in Coventry. I was absolutely gutted, like I nearly cried. So, in typical "Sarah" fashion, I emailed the coach and the soccer coordinator about my disappointment, asking what the criteria was for team placement. This was Thursday or Friday, and I sort of just got over it after a few days of stewing over it. Lynsey gets her uniform on Sunday, it's pink, she loves it, and by this time I have accepted where we'll be playing (and Lynsey and her friend Alyssa are on the same team, which Lynsey is over the moon about). Well, the coordinator gets back to me yesterday, saying that team placement is random, that they don't group according to addresses. Instead of just leaving it there like most people would have (and I SHOULD have), I said maybe Brian should make a program for them for next year, because really, there should be a way to do this. I left it at that, thinking I had merely given feedback for next year. Well, this morning, I see an email from the coordinator saying that she had switched Lynsey to a team on the close field! They had yellow uniforms and it was just Lynsey switched, so no more being on the same team as Alyssa! Crisis! I felt awful - I can't remember a time when I wished more that I had just kept my mouth shut in the first place (well, except for later today, but I will blog about that in a few days:)). What a mess I had made! I reread the emails I wrote and could totally see how she would have thought I was implying that I would like a team switch. And don't get me wrong - I definitely would have liked the closer field! This stress was because of how disappointed Lynsey was to hear that not only would she not be on Alyssa's team, but she would have a yellow uniform instead of pink! Thankfully, the coordinator called me (after about an hour of me being completely stressed out!) and we got it all sorted out - she is staying on the pink team. The coordinator was actually really nice about it, saying she was just trying to be nice and thought this whole thing was kind of funny:). Not going to lie - when she told me it didn't matter either way, I was a bit tempted to keep the switch for our own convenience. . . walking to soccer . . . so convenient . . . sigh, the things we do for our kids! Lynsey was very happy to hear it, so it was all worth it:). But seriously - note to self - stop venting in emails to other people! I might just start using this blog more as a means to vent instead of emailing people!
No comments:
Post a Comment