Wednesday, May 22, 2019

RIP Luna:-(

We have had an interesting few weeks! Picking up where I left off last post, we have been making our way through May and all the busyness that comes with that. Brian is still working on our entry way cubbies and I swear there is hope that they will be done soon! Lynsey has been playing volleyball on the school team and having fun, although it's a bit painful to watch the games as it has become very apparent that the coaches are not teaching them anything. I have taken to showing Lynsey fundamentals at home, but how I would love to step in and help the coaches teach the girls the basics! It's not going to happen this year, but I am thinking about it for next year. Clearly 2 coaches for 40 girls (and this is only the C team, mostly 6th graders) is not enough!

Mother's Day weekend was nice, I had a nice relaxing day on Mother's Day. Finally got my veggie garden in which was good, hopefully it all grows well! Brian left for London last Wednesday and just got back today. The week without him actually went fairly well, except that Lynsey's hamster kicked the bucket on Sunday:-0. How very unfortunate! She watched her die, too - she was acting very strangely and not 10 minutes later she was dead. Lynsey was really sad and has had a hard start to the week. She wanted to wait until Brian was home to bury her, so we stuck her in some plastic bags and put her in the freezer until tonight when we had a little burial service for her in the backyard. Lynsey is still a bit sad but I think she is starting to recover. Her friends at school were really kind to her about it which I know really helped her. Ah the loss of her first pet - tough life lessons for sure!

Adam has started a social skills group at the adaptive riding center just a few minutes from here. He had his assessment on Saturday the 11th and had his first class this past Saturday. It went okay, but it will take some time for him to adjust to the format. It's not just riding, they are teaching the boys to talk to each other and show each other things, you know, teaching them social skills. Something Adam has zero interest in currently, he just wanted to ride the horse! I hope he gives the group a chance and starts to enjoy it a bit more, it was a bit rough the last 15 minutes. To his credit he did stay with me just outside the ring where the class was happening until the very end, and then went back in for the final few minutes when they were telling each other things they thought each other had done well in the class. I can only dream that one day he will participate in this kind of exchanging of compliments! Big goals, hope for at least some progress towards them:-). 

We are glad to have Brian back, everyone missed him a lot. Looking forward to a lovely long weekend coming up!











No comments: