Our trip to New York seems like it was a million years ago, and we are back in the swing of October things! We had to take care of some doggy business right after we got back, on the first Tuesday we took him to the groomer and then the next day he went to the vet to get neutered. He wore this awful cone for a few days but I couldn't stand it, it was such a pain! I got him a doggy bodysuit off Amazon and it was completely fine. He healed nicely and we didn't have to even have the body suit on for nearly as long as the vet told us to. He hated not being able to go for walks, poor guy. Thankfully he is right back to normal now!
Last week was pretty uneventful, except that Lynsey had an audition for the school musical and she is very excited about it! She ended up getting several small parts, which she seems happy with, and she had her first rehearsal this week. I'm glad she found a school activity that she's excited about! I hope she gets to meet some new friends and really feel like she's part of a community. I love school activities for things like that.
On Sunday, we skipped church and brought the kids and Jasper to Craven Farms pumpkin patch (they had a "bring your dog" event, so we thought why not!). It was a fun time, although had it's difficulties. Adam of course wouldn't wear his coat and I know he got cold, so frustrating. The hayride was fun, although we had to wait a bit too long for it (they really should have more than one tractor going on a busy day!). The corn maze was really well done, and it was the most challenging corn maze we've been to which would have been fun . . . except Adam got some mud on his pants after some time and wanted to immediately be done. Well, we were lost in a corn maze so that wasn't happening too quickly. We had to try and find our way out quickly which was easier said than done! By the time we got to picking our pumpkins, Adam was done so Brian took him to the van and I had to finish up. It was hard at times, but all in all it was a fun outing. Sometimes we have to look past the challenges and say it's still worth doing, what would we ever do as a family if we didn't!
What is new with Adam . . . he has been repeating a ton, but he had a field trip to Remlinger Farms with his class yesterday and they somehow talked him into wearing a coat! I still need to email his teacher and ask him how on earth they talked him into that, amazing. Oh we had parent teacher conferences the week before last, and we had a very positive conference with Adam's teacher! He said that Adam is doing very well at working at school, his repetition isn't terrible there and he's great at following directions. What a treat to have such a positive conference for him! First one ever! They are working hard with him learning how to read, I hope he will engage and start to accelerate his learning in this area. Time will tell!
Nathan's conference was also very positive, his teacher is using his work as examples to show the rest of the class:-). He is very responsible, and the odd time he does get a lower grade, he goes to the teacher to ask what he did wrong so he can learn and do better next time. We are very proud of how well he is doing! I do think he needs to get into some kind of afterschool activity soon, he asks to play video games as soon as he gets home and then gets bored when his time is up. He has things to do, and he enjoys reading, but I think he's getting to the age where we should get him into something. Sadly he would probably choose hockey if he could, but I don't know where to start finding hockey for him that would actually work for our whole family! We will find him something I'm sure:-).
Brian went to Menlo Park Monday morning and he's coming back this afternoon, just in time for pumpkin carving tonight and Halloween festivities tomorrow. Hopefully the kids want to be involved in the carving this year to the point where it's actually helpful! Fingers crossed!





















No comments:
Post a Comment