And we are back after a wonderful trip to Alberta! Picking up where I left off, on Tuesday I went out for dinner with Larissa which was really nice. Wednesday I did some grocery shopping for all the items that I like to bring back home with me, did some laundry, took it pretty easy. Thursday after lunch we were off to Three Hills. We had dinner with Mary and Dave and then stayed at Liz and Dave's for night. Friday we visited more with the Three Hills gang and then off we went to the family campout! It was a really nice weekend - hot - but a lot of fun. That first night a bunch of us walked over to a really nice lookout point. We were worried about the heat for sleeping, but our room wasn't too hot thankfully. We had brought a window fan from home which really helped.
Saturday we visited and played games, and then a group went out canoeing on the Red Deer River. I stayed back with Adam and took him to the landing where the canoes would be docking after their journey. It was so hot and I hadn't prepared well at all, ended up sitting in the back of the van with the A/C running where I could watch Adam:-D. The canoe crew had a great time! Nathan tried the rope swing a few times as well which was fun, not for me obviously. That night a group of us walked back out to the cross again since it was so lovely the first time.
Sunday it was time to pack up and go home! Julia was coming with us and we were excited to show her some of the beauty of the drive! She wanted to stop at Frank Slide since she had read about it so we did that, glad she got to see it:-). We got to Fernie around dinner time and had supper at Boston Pizza which was attached to our hotel. Everyone was pretty beat so an early night was in order. The drive back home the next day was fairly uneventful, a 20 or so minute wait at the border but crossing was uneventful thankfully. A few annoying construction delays, but once we got on the I-90 it was smooth sailing! We stopped at the Vantage viewpoint to show Julia, I had never actually walked out to the edge and it was a pretty spectacular view. We got home close to 7:30 - so nice to be home! Andy was already staying there and he had started on making some spaghetti for dinner which was so nice of him! I got settled while Brian and Andy chatted, it was nice to see him again! He is staying with us until next Wednesday.
The girls have been having a great time shopping, hanging out with Lynsey's friends, watching movies, relaxing. It's been really fun to have Julia here! She just fits right in! Tonight they are going to see a movie and tomorrow I will take them into Seattle so she can see all the Seattle sights. Saturday we are doing a road trip to Whidbey, I figured she has to take at least one ferry ride while she's here:-D.
One thing I haven't mentioned yet is that while we were in Alberta, I figured out that I am coaching for Prism this year! I had the opportunity to coach for NW Juniors as well, but after weighing everything it seemed like Prism was the best opportunity for me right now. I am a bit nervous but also excited about the challenge ahead. Tryouts start on Sunday so we will see how it all goes! Wish me luck!








































No comments:
Post a Comment