Tuesday, July 2, 2024

Game 7 heartbreak, Lynsey off to Europe

Well, as it turns out, this was not the Oilers year after all :-(. Game 7 was lost 2-1, and honestly I felt like they were just a step behind the whole game. Sooo close! It was quite devastating, but we had a lot of fun on this run and the future is so bright for the Oilers! They just had a great free agent signing day, almost everyone came back and we added some really good players, too! Already looking forward to next year, more invested than ever. Never mind how uncomfortable so many of those games were during this run, I definitely told myself several times that I should stop watching because I was no longer enjoying the experience. But then they would win an important game and I was right back there loving the experience! Sigh. The life of a hockey fan lol!

There is still life after hockey, and the world has kept on turning! We had a pretty relaxed first week of summer, trying to get the kids into some kind of routine to keep them from being on screens all day long. Lynsey had some time with her friends and on Saturday, our family took a day trip to White Rock and Vancouver. It was a lovely day, although the weather got a bit sour towards the afternoon. On the way up there, we stopped at the Nexus office in Blaine to get our Nexus cards updated with our American passports (surprisingly painless experience), and crossed the border around 12:30. We went to White Rock and had a picnic lunch by the water, and Lynsey, Nathan and I walked over to the pier. Had some ice cream and drove into Vancouver. It started sprinkling on the way and we weren't sure how wandering around Stanley Park would go. We gave Adam an umbrella while we were walking around and that seemed to keep him happy enough. We found a restaurant downtown that had a covered patio that let us have Jasper out there (such a pain to go anywhere with a dog!) and had a pretty nice dinner before heading back. All in all a good day!

Sunday we went to church and helped Lynsey get ready for her trip. I was so nervous, the first time she would be doing such a big trip on her own and keeping track of her own passports and things! I got her to the airport at 4:30am yesterday morning and off she went. All the travel went smoothly and she is currently sleeping in her hotel in Genoa, Italy. Such an adventure ahead of her. I hope she has the best time! 















 

No comments: