Sunday, January 10, 2010

Our new life!

Our little Adam will be 10 days old at 8:25pm, and so far, things have been going pretty well! It's been hard getting up at night again, though - that is one thing that I am having a really hard time adjusting to. He does reasonably well at night, but not as good as I would like, even if my expectations are a bit unrealistic! He cries when we change his diaper, which Lynsey never really did, and he didn't like his first bath, which Lynsey did. He is definitely his own person! Usually when he's crying it's either because he has a burp that he needs to get out or he wants us to hold him. So far, pretty manageable. He is right at the age where Lynsey turned fussy, so I am holding my breath right now. Please be a content baby!

Lynsey is adjusting pretty well. She hasn't really acted out, and she pays some attention to him, but not a whole lot. Her interest comes and goes, which is actually kind of nice. So far her life hasn't changed that much - with Brian at home, she still gets plenty of attention. I am still debating whether or not we should try to potty train her while Brian is at home for the month. I am physically feeling really good, so maybe once I get caught up on some sleep I will be more motivated to rise to the challenge. I start exercising tomorrow, too - I am determined to be active right away and NOT gain EXTRA weight after pregnancy like I did last time. I don't use baby weight as an excuse - the baby is out, my uterus is pretty much contracted back to size, it's time to get in shape. Last time I went public with weight loss attempts I managed to lose almost 15 pounds so I'm hoping for the same results this time! Accountability is good for me:).















2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for all the pictures. We really enjoyed them. What a cute little guy you have. Lynsey is looking so much older than we remember her, Donovan commented on it as well. Sarah, we're cheering you on in your fitness/weight loss resolution. Tina, Georgia, Donovan and Erica

Kathy said...

Congratulations Sarah. Adam is beautiful and it sounds like you had an amazing birth experience.