Thursday, January 28, 2010

4 weeks old

Well, Adam is 4 weeks old today, and so far, still not too fussy! I think if he was going to be really fussy, we would definitely know by now, so I am very thankful he's still pretty good! He has his fussy times (unfortunately they come quite often around 5:30 or 6 am - not our favorite time for this) but it is so manageable. I am enjoying the newborn phase a lot more than I did with Lynsey, since I am able to cuddle him a lot more. Yesterday evening, he was awake and calm for over an hour - so fun! He's such a cutie! He eats every three hours quite consistently during the day, and during the night it's every 3.5 to 4 hours. I will be looking to stretch this out over the next little while, picking him up and holding him, trying to get him back to sleep instead of feeding him as soon as he cries. I know he's still only a month old so I'm not rushing into this, but I really need my sleep and I think he can handle longer stretches at night now without eating.

Lynsey loves her little brother, which is such a blessing:). She is a bit overzealous at times, and can't be trusted alone with him because she is still pretty impulsive, but she really is a well-behaved two year old. I am so thankful for this. I can't imagine how frustrating it would be with a newborn and a misbehaving two year old - I guess God knows what we can handle and knows I wouldn't do so well! We are going to Edmonton this weekend and then on to La Crete, so we'll see how that goes. I am looking forward to seeing everyone, but the traveling, not so much. I'll let you know how it goes!













No comments: