Thursday, October 9, 2025

Japan Trip Day 10, Monday October 6th: Back to Tokyo, dinner at Tempura Iyasaka

Monday was another light day, another checkout day. We went a did a little workout again after breakfast, I liked doing this because it helped me feel normal (and I knew I would be glad I did it once I got home and got back to the grind!). We took a little walk around the river after checking out (saw the one and only palm tree we encountered on this trip!), and made our way to the mall for some lunch. I had heard that mall and train station basements have lots of food and this was so true - so many options! We ended up at another pasta place that was really delicious! Did not taste like mall food court pasta at all, it wasn't a food court but it wasn't like a nice restaurant either. Really happy with our choice, and it was so affordable, too.

We collected our bags from the hotel and got a cab to the train station to take the Shinkansen to Tokyo. We were there a bit early and had some time to kill, got some ice cream from the vending machine (the vending machines were crazy - so many of them everywhere and they had so much in them!). The train ride was smooth again and we got to our hotel just after 4:30pm. This hotel was not as nice as the ones we had stayed in up until this point, but it was cheaper and it was just fine. We relaxed and then made our way to Tempura Iyasaka for our last dinner in Tokyo. Brian had found this place the first time we were in Tokyo but they had no space left so he made a reservation for our last night then. It had a Michelin star so he really wanted to try it. It was really good, and not that expensive - I always thought Michelin star restaurants had to be really expensive but I guess not! It was another set course so they just kept bringing us more dishes. Great meal to end our time in Tokyo!










 

No comments: