Thursday, October 9, 2025

Japan Trip Day 11, Tuesday October 7th: Back to Tsukiji Fish Market, Plane Ride Home

Last morning in Tokyo! In Japan! We didn't have breakfast included with this hotel, and I was looking forward to checking out 7-11 for breakfast. The 7-11s in Japan are incredible, way better than any I've seen in North America. So many good food options (seeing a theme about good food available everywhere??). We got some food and headed back to our hotel and ate our breakfast in the room. Did not disappoint!

We checked out and left our bags at the hotel so we could make one last trip to the Fish Market for some more Wagyu and fatty tuna. We were not disappointed! Both just as good as we remembered them! Glad we got to have them one more time. We made our way back to the hotel to collect our bags and got to the train station to catch the 2pm Narita Express back to the airport. Check in was smooth and we got to the lounge with lots of time to kill. I think I already mentioned this, but I was once again struck by how polite and unassuming Japanese people are. You don't get harassed at markets, they just leave you be, and even the TSA agents at the airport were kind and apologetic! It was such a contrast to the experience you usually have at American airports.

We hung out in the lounge and then went to try and find ways to spend the balance on our Suica cards (we each had 980 yen left that was going to expire in a few days, so we thought we might as well spend it!). We got some candy and then it was time to board the plane for home. The flight was smooth and uneventful, although as usual I didn't sleep very well. I also thought I lost the case for my ear buds in the seat but I ended up finding it in my bag when I got home, oops! Mark and Frances picked us up at the airport and around 12:30pm we were on our way home! What a fantastic trip!

Things went pretty smoothly at home with the boys. Adam had his moments, but he has been having moments with us, too. He's just been a bit stressed to start the school year so we expected it might not be perfect while we were gone. It didn't sound like anything too crazy, and Mark and Frances handled everything really well. They stayed until Wednesday and we got them off to the airport, the last few days have been about laundry, organizing pictures and trying to get this blog post done, and try not to go crazy from the jet lag:-/. I had a nap this afternoon which was much needed! Hopefully I sleep well tonight!

Tomorrow we are off to Calgary, so we will be seeing the airport again soon! Just can't stay away apparently:-D.












 

No comments: